It’s now been over a year since I have posted on this blog. I have meant to post so many times over that year, but things have been a bit crazy for me. And there have been a lot of changes for me since then. Mainly, I took a new job and moved across the country to Ann Arbor, Michigan. I loved Austin so much and hated to leave, but opportunity knocked and who was I not to answer?
There has been a lot of positive things that have happened over the past year that I wanted to share.
- Firstly, I love my new job so much. I am a public health attorney at the University of Michigan. I get to provide people with answers to public health law questions and travel all over the country to present on topics like vaccination, breastfeeding and the Affordable Care Act.
- I joined the IMAGINE Circle at do. Good Stitches last January and have made 6 months worth of quilt blocks. This has been a great experience because I have learned a lot of great new piecing techniques. The other women in my group are so talented. I find this group to be a constant source of inspiration.
- I joined the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild. This is such a wonderful and amazing group of women. I look forward to our meetings and sew-ins so much. Tonight I am headed off to a quilt retreat and can’t wait to start cutting out my Swoon quilt. This guild was so welcoming that it really helped me make my transition to Ann Arbor easier.
- Living in Michigan means I get to see Ashwin a lot more often! No more hopping on a plane every few months to see him. I now live just a (short) 5 hour drive away. He even spent most of the summer at my place. Though it’s not as great as having him with me all the time, it’s definitely nice to see him more often.
- And I closed on my first house just last month, so I am in the process of moving. Again! Ashwin helped me paint the garage and put together some new furniture. Such a sweetie! After he went home, I painted the dining room Benjamin Moore Shadow Gray. My mom and dad are heading here at the end of the month to help me with the actual move and I can’t wait! The room below will be my new sewing room. Look forward to some pictures once it’s all set up!